Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB)
The function of the Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB) is to protect cables and conductors against overloads and short circuits, and electrical equipment from overheating. Under certain fault conditions, the MCB can protect against shock currents caused by excessive touch voltage due to insulation failure. Designed according to IEC 898 and EN60898 standards, the MCB also conforms to other international standards which has the equivalent requirements of tripping characteristics.
- High-rated breaking capacity up to 6kA according to IEC 898 or BS 3871 Standard
- Excellent current limiting and selectivity
- Type A, B, C, and D curve tripping characteristics suitable for most applications
- Combined terminal allows for simultaneous connection of busbar and feeder cable
- Finger-safe shield prevents accidental contact between a person and the live terminal
- Manufactured with fire-retardent materials for the base and the cover
- Terminals designed for the ease of connecting cables up to 25mm in diameter
At higher operating temperatures of more than 40° C, the currents of the delayed tripping have to be derated by 5% for each 10K temperature difference. The decrease in operating temperature means an increase in the rated current. The table below shows the tripping performance of the MCB in accordance to IEC 898 standards.
- 3+1N Poles